The IMG Showcase - Bradenton, Florida, USA
The IMG Showcase is one of America’s leading youth football tournaments. A showcase is a tournament where the best players around the country come to show their abilities to selected college coaches.
Played at one of America’s best sports complexes, the IMG Academy in Bradenton, it is divided into two weekends, one for the boys competition (25th-27th February) and one for the girls competition (5th-7th March). This leaves a few extra days in between for referees to relax and enjoy everything Florida has to offer.
For this very reason, Referee Abroad will arrange a tour of Florida between tournaments which will include some of the state’s most well known attractions. The cost of the five extra days and the tour will be outlined closer to the date, to all interested referees. A preliminary estimate can be found in the “tour” section of this page.
This Referee Abroad American Experience includes:
– Refereeing at 2 of the leading tournaments in the country
– Hotel accommodation at both (in a villa near the fields)
– Organised tour in the 4 days between each tournament including car rent and accommodation, plus entrance to the leading sights in Florida!
– Be over the age of the 18 at the time the tournaments take place
– Have a minimum refereeing experience of 2 years
– Be from a country that does not need official invitation to get a VISA to enter the United States, as this can’t be arranged at the present time due to short notice
All referees selected for the events will be entitled to, during the tournaments:
– limited free food at hotels and/or fields (dinner not included)
– 3/5 games per day during tournament days
– A travel reimbursement (around 300 dollars – amount of will be confirmed at a later date)
The cost of the Referee Abroad American Experience is detailed in the Tour tab.
What’s not included?
– Travel costs to/from tournament (flight tickets and transport to tournament)
– VISA fee, if applicable
See the tab “Tour” for more information.
Please notice that each selected referee will need to submit the following documents in order to be officially accepted for the event:
– Copy of passport and VISA (if applicable);
– Copy of referee card/licence;
– Letter from home federation granting permission to referee and summary of referee experience;
– Official USSF application to referee in the USA (this will be sent to you to submit);
– Proof of background check;
– Safesport training certificate (an access code to take the test will be sent to you).
Until all paperwork is approved your participation will not be officially confirmed. We will not be able to sponsor VISAs for referees whose nationalities require an official invitation to attend.
This Referee Abroad experience includes not only two high quality tournaments, but also a tour in between the two tournaments for all referees involved. Here’s a full outline of this fantastic experience:
Feb 25th-27th – IMG Boys Showcase Tournament in Bradenton, Florida.
On Feb 27th the tournament will end around 2 PM. From that moment to the beginning of the second tournament referees will travel together and visit some of the most beautiful sights in the state of Florida which may include Cape Canaveral, the Orlando Theme Parks, Miami, National Parks and NBA/NFL games. More details about the tour will be shared with the referees closer to the time.
March 5th-7th – IMG Girls Showcase tournament in Bradenton, Florida.
During the tournament all referees will have some free time to visit the beautiful seaside town of Sarasota, which features some of America’s best beaches.
As part of the Referee Abroad American Experience, accommodation is provided throughout. The accommodation details will be provided at a later date. During the tournaments these will be higher led hotels while for the 4 day tour we’ll stay together in an apartment-style accommodation.
Referees can travel to one of Florida’s international airports in order to reach Bradenton/Sarasota.
We suggest referees to fly into either Orlando or Miami.
Travel should be coordinated with the Referee Abroad representative attending the tournament.
Tournaments take place in one of Florida’s most iconic cities: Bradenton/Sarasota.
It’s warm all year round so what a chance to get away from the winter cold!
Sarasota is a popular city on the Gulf Coast of Southwest Florida and the county seat of Sarasota County. It is known for its vibrant arts community, excellent restaurants, unique shopping, and beautiful beaches. Sarasota, although a mid-sized city, is considered to be the cultural center of West Central Florida. The city has a metropolitan flavor unique to cities of its size and to cities in Florida.
Please see the tab “Tour” for more information.
Apply for the IMG Showcase & Tour
Date(s) – 24/02/2022 – 07/03/2022
You will be notified about the outcome of this application in due course.
If a checkbox (saying “yaadilani”) appears at the bottom of your application, tick it to confirm.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email list, or you may not receive updates concerning your application.
Applications are closed for this tournament.