We are happy to announce our new tournaments in America, open to any referee over the age of 18.
They will take place in the state of Florida, the sunshine state, at the end of February and beginning of March 2023.
Application for these events is only open to referees who are based outside of the USA. If you are a US-based referee, you’ll need to apply via the local assignor, feel free to contact us and we will share the relevant contacts with you.
For all referees based outside of the USA, please notice we will not be able to assist in the processing of VISAs – only apply if you’re able to get a VISA by yourself.
All tournaments will be played at the world class facilities of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Accommodation will be on site. The tournaments will also be sponsored by sports provider Capelli Sports.
Here’s the details:
EA NATIONAL CUP & IMG SHOWCASE (23-28 February 2023)
The EA National Cup brings together the top MLS Next clubs from around the United States to crown a national champion in the U16, U17 and U19 age divisions. It will be played concurrently with another world famous tournament, the IMG Showcase. A mentoring program will be run by our partners US Officials throughout the event.
Arrival day is February 23rd, departure day February 28th. Games are played February 24th-27th.
IMG INTERNATIONAL GIRLS CUP (2nd-6th March 2023)
This is the inaugural edition of the cup, which will bring some of the best girls teams from around the United States and North America compete for the title. Expect a very high level a competition, to the top of the female game.
Arrival day is March 2nd, departure day March 6th. Games are played March 3rd-5th.
GIRLS ACADEMY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS (8th-15th March 2023)
Similar to the tournament above, this is the finals phase of the Girls Academy, America’s top female youth league.
Arrival day is March 8th, departure day March 15th. Games are played March 9th-14th.
COSTS FOR REFEREES
What costs are there for referees?
- Flights to/from the USA (closest airports are Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando)
- ESTA or VISA costs
- Tournament fee/s (80.00 euros per event)
- Rental car costs (shared)
- Petrol costs (shared)
- Some meals (dinners)
- Cost of any extra holiday days before/after or in-between tournaments
WHAT WILL REFEREES GET
- Accommodation on tournament days, as described in the paragraphs above.
- Breakfast and lunch on the fields (no dinner)
- A travel stipend of around euros 300.00 per tournament (depending on the exchange rate), if you stay for one event you’ll get 300.00, if you stay for three events it will be close to 900.00.
- Some freebies from the main tournament sponsor.
- Mentoring from national level coaches in the United States, many with experience in the MLS or at international level.
STAY FOR MORE THAN ONE TOURNAMENT?
Referees are encouraged to stay for more than one event, so to maximize their experience in America. The only nights where accommodation is not included are the ones in-between tournaments. so Feb. 28th-Mar 2nd and Mar 6th-8th.
Register your interest below, we will contact you asap.