A new opportunity to referee in the United States for all Referee Abroad referees.
The Bethesda Premier Cup, an elite event in the Northeast of the USA, will welcome 11 RA referees to the upcoming edition of their event, the 11 match officials will be accompanied by 2 mentors. It takes place near the nation’s capital (Washington DC) in Boyds, Maryland.
The tournament, articulated in two main weekend events, one for females and one for males, will offer referees from around the world the possibility of showcasing their qualities on the bigger stage and work games together with American officials. All participating referees will take part into both the female (10-12 November) and male (17-19 November) events. No option will be offered to do only one tournament.
Referees who wish to take part will be asked to pay a participation fee of €400 which includes:
- Economy class flights to/from America from most of Europe’s main airports;
- Accommodation from November 9th to November 20th (twin rooms);
- Lunch on tournament days (10-12 and 17-19);
- Rental cars for the entire duration of the stay;
- Coaching from an ex Italian Serie A referee and other mentors from around the US;
- Referee Abroad shirt, shorts, coin, badge.
Not included: dinners, meals on the free days, petrol, personal expenses.
In the free time between November 13-16 only accommodation is provided. The group will likely organize a trip to Washington DC (extra cost).
All referees over the age of 18 can apply. Referees must be able to provide the following paperwork:
- Copy of passport valid for travel;
- A visa/travel authorization to enter the country obtained on their own account (no assistance in obtaining VISAs is currently offered);
- A letter from their own FA authorizing to take part to the tournaments and certifying the referee is registered and in good standing;
- A clean criminal background check;
- A Safesport certificate (we will assist in obtaining one).
Applications are open from today, September 3rd, for 10 days. We will confirm referees within 2 weeks. Apply below.
Date(s) - 09/11/2023 - 20/11/2023
You will be notified about the outcome of this application in due course.
If a checkbox (saying “yaadilani”) appears at the bottom of your application, tick it to confirm.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email list, or you may not receive updates concerning your application.
Applications are closed for this tournament.